Follow Our Recipe
- 5 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 1 lb. farro
- ½ cup red onions, diced ¼”
- ½ cup red peppers, diced ¼”
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 ¼ cups frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large stock pot, add 4 ¼ cups vegetable stock and farro. Cover and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain well. Hold hot until ready to use
- Spray a sauté pan with vegetable oil pan spray. Place over medium-high heat. Add diced red onions and diced red peppers. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add farro. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring often.
- Pour in 1 cup vegetable stock. Add green peas, salt, pepper and 5 teaspoons chopped parsley leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Fold in ricotta cheese. Hold hot until ready to use.
- Garnish each plate with ¼ teaspoon shredded parmesan cheese and ¼ teaspoon chopped parsley leaves.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Carbs: 67g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 1g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Sodium: 360mg, Fiber: 9g