Cajun seasoned jackfruit black lentil jambalaya in a healthy grain tortilla with tomatillo jam and red pepper crema
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 20 to 25 minutes|
Roasted Red Pepper Yogurt Crema:
- 1 ounces red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 1/8 teaspoon hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/16 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ounces tomatillos, husk removed
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons seeded & halved jalapenos
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons diced green pepper
- 2 Tablespoons diced celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Jackfruit & Lentil Jambalaya:
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/8 teaspoon True lemon crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup black lentils
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup drained & chopped canned jackfruit
- 1/4 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/3 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8- 6” whole grain flour tortilla
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
To Roasted Red Pepper Yogurt Crema:
- Coat a sheet pan with oil spray. Place peppers in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 375 degree F. convection (425 degree F. standard) oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly. Remove and discard of skin and seeds.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth puree. Use immediately. Or, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Make Tomatillo Salsa:
- Coat a sheet pan with oil spray. Place garlic cloves.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree F. convection (400 degree F. standard) oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place tomatillos and jalapenos on a hot grill. Cook until charred. Remove from grill. NOTE: If no grill is available, place on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until charred.
- Place roasted garlic, grilled tomatillo and jalapeno in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is almost smooth, but still has some chunks.
- Add green peppers, celery, parsley, true lemon crystals, salt and cilantro. Pulse until finely chopped. Use immediately. Or, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Jackfruit & Lentil Jambalaya:
- In a bowl, add smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne powder, True lemon crystals, ground black pepper, dried thyme leaves, dried oregano leaves and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix.
- Bring water and 3/4 teaspoon spice mixture to a simmer. Add lentils. Reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender and most of the water is absorbed. Discard excess water.
- On a sheet pan, place onions, green and red peppers, celery, jackfruit, chopped cauliflower, tomato puree, mushroom, oil, garlic, remaining spice mixture and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Gently toss to combine.
- Place in a preheated 425 degree F. convection (475 degree F. standard) oven. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Fold in warm lentils until evenly distributed. Use immediately.
To Make Garden District Tacos:
- Heat tortilla until warm and soft.
- Lay tortilla on a clean and flat surface. Place 1 Tablespoon roasted red pepper yogurt crema over center of each tortilla.
- Place 1/4 cup arugula over crema.
- Top arugula with:
1/3 cup jackfruit & lentil jambalaya
2 Tablespoons tomatillo salsa
1 teaspoon crumbled cojita cheese.
- Fold over to close. Serve 2 tacos. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 55g, Protein: 15g Fat: 10g, Sat. fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 680mg, Fiber: 8g