Quinoa topped with grilled salmon bbq pesto drizzled with Tabasco cilantro lime yogurt served with broccoli and carrots
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min|Cook time: 35 min|Yield: 1 Plate (serving)
- 4 ounces Quinoa, hot
- 1 Fillet grilled bbq pesto salmon, hot
- 3 ounces blanched fresh broccoli florets hot
- 1 ounce steamed fresh carrots, peel and slice 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco cilantro lime yogurt spread
- 1/4 cup+1 tablespoon low sodium vegetable stock, hot
- dash(to taste) whole clove garlic, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon green peppers, fresh, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 5/8 teaspoons celery, fresh, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, fresh, diced 1/4 inch
- 1 1/2 ounces white quinoa, raw, rinsed and drained
- dash (to taste) salt
- dash (to taste ) ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Grill Mates bbq seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley leaves, fresh, chopped fine
Grilled BBQ Pesto Salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon bbq pesto
- 1 fillet (4 ounce) salmon, raw, farm raised, thawed
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon Japanese bread crumbs, panko, toasted
Lemon Garlic Yogurt Spread Base
- 3 teaspoons non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash (to taste) kosher salt
- dash (to taste) ground black pepper
Tabasco Cilantro Lime Yogurt Spread
- 1 tablespoon lemon garlic yogurt spread base
- 3/8 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cilantro leaves, fresh, chopped course
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Quinoa: Heat small saucepan over medium heat. Coat saucepan with vegetable oil spray. Add garlic, peppers, celery and onions. Saute for 3 minutes or until softened and lightly golden brown. Stir in quinoa, salt and pepper. Add stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove lid. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pesto BBQ: In a bowl, add all ingredients, whisk until combined.
- Grilled BBQ Pesto Salmon: Brush 1 fillet with 1/2 teaspoon pesto. Grill on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Dredge fillet in toasted panko, making sure to fully cover and encrust.
- Lemon Garlic Yogurt Spread Base: In a bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Tabasco Cilantro Lime Yogurt Spread: In a bowl combine all ingredients until well blended.
- For Service: Place 1(4 ounce) fillet in center of plate, top with 1 encrusted salmon fillet. Place 3 ounces broccoli and 1 ounce carrots around quinoa. Evenly drizzle meal with 1 tablespoon Tabasco cilantro lime yogurt spread.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 440, Carbs: 50g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 400mg, Fiber: 6g