This Thai-inspired entrée is packed with lean protein , thanks to the shrimp. A zesty pesto sauce adds a punch of unexpected flavor.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 157g
- Asian Pesto1/2 cup packed basil leaves and small stems, preferably Thai
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves and small stems
- 1/3 cup packed mint leaves and small stems
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 small lime, plus 6 lime wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir-Fry 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 12 ounces medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- For Asian Pesto, process all ingredients in blender until relatively smooth, 1 minute (mixture will be thick).
- For stir-fry, toast sesame seeds in dry deep heavy sauté pan or wok over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat same pan over high heat. When smoking, add peanut oil, swirling to coat. Add shrimp and cook until bright pink all over, 1 to 2 minutes. Add asparagus, bell pepper, and toasted sesame oil, tossing to coat, 1 minute. Add pesto and cook until shrimp are cooked through and glazed with sauce, about 30 seconds. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 170, Carbs: 9g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Sodium: 777mg, Fiber: 3g