Indulge your chocolate cravings with this low-calorie, high-flavor dessert.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 116g
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (about 60 percent cocoa), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints strawberries (60 to 72 strawberries)
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring sugar and espresso to simmer.
- Put cocoa powder in medium microwavable serving bowl and slowly whisk in hot coffee mixture until smooth. Add chocolate to bowl. Let stand until chocolate softens, 5 minutes. Add vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Serve with strawberries for dipping. To reheat, microwave in 15-second increments until warm, stirring between increments. Or place bowl on heating pad set to high to keep fondue warm.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 186, Carbs: 36g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 5g, Sodium: 21mg, Fiber: 2g