Two fluffy whole grain pancakes packed with hearty oats and quinoa and topped with bananas, maple syrup, and toasted walnuts.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 5 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 2 pancakes, 1/4 cup bananas, 1 teaspoon each maple syrup, and walnuts
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cup of store-bought buttermilk pancake mix
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of walnut pieces, toasted
- Pour water, pancake mix, and flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk until batter is blended and smooth. Do not overmix.
- Stir in pumpkin, cooked quinoa, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger until well combined.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet or griddle with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 cup batter and cook for 2 ½ minutes or until bubbly on top and golden on the bottom. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden on the bottom.
- Place 2 pancakes on each serving plate. Top with:
- 2 oz (about 1/4 cup) sliced bananas
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon walnuts.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 71g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 7g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 410mg, Fiber: 6g