Creamy old fashioned overnight oats with spiced pumpkin filling, Greek yogurt, and almond milk with toasted pumpkin seeds
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 12 hours to set; 3 to 4 minutes|Cook time: 0 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 bowl each
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon shelled pumpkin seeds
- Place a dry fry pan over medium high heat. Add pepitas to cover the bottom of the pan. Toast the pepitas and give the pan a shake every so often. As the pepitas heat, they might puff up or pop. Keep shaking the pan until they've turned mostly golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from plan to prevent burning. Allow to cool.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, almond milk, and maple syrup until well-mixed. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Add in yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, and pureed pumpkin until well combined. Stir to combine.
- When ready to serve, portion ¾ cup of mixture into a serving bowl.
- Top with 1 teaspoon toasted pepitas. . Enjoy immediately!
NOTE: The overnight oat mixture can be prepared up to 24 to 48 hours ahead if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 210, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 65mg, Fiber: 5g