Protein-packed eggs are a great way to start your day. Try this tasty twist on a classic omelet, stuffed with iron-rich spinach and creamy feta cheese.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 273g
- Cooking spray
- 15 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs
- 12 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free feta cheese crumbles
- Coat large nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray. Warm pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach, stirring constantly until all spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stirring into spinach, and sauté until cooked, about 30 seconds. Remove spinach from heat and roughly divide into 4 even portions.
- Put eggs, egg whites, dill and pepper in medium bowl. Using whisk or fork, lightly beat together until foamy.
- Coat small nonstick omelet pan very well with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 of egg mixture into pan. Let eggs cook untouched for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Using heat-resistant spatula, push cooked edges of eggs into pan’s center, letting uncooked liquid move to outer edge to cook.
- Spread 2 tablespoons feta cheese and 1 portion spinach on half of omelet. Using rubber spatula, fold plain side of omelet over filling side; slide onto small plate. Repeat, continuing to make omelets until all 4 are made. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 168, Carbs: 5g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 1.6g, Sodium: 466mg, Fiber: 3g