Egg whites served over breakfast potatoes, diced black bean burger, topped with pico de gallo salsa, radish & cilantro
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Mexican Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 ½ pounds peeled and diced white potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Egg White Cups
- 2 cups egg whites or 16 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Southwestern Breakfast Bowl
- 2 ½ spicy black bean burger patties, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 1/3 cups diced green peppers
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups store-bought fresh pico de gallo
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 radish, trimmed and thinly sliced
To Prepare Mexican Breakfast Potatoes
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes, salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Toss to evenly coat. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Coat a sheet tray with cooking spray. Place the seasoned potatoes in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Remove from the oven.
NOTE: Turn the tray once halfway through cooking process to promote even cooking.
- Add cilantro and toss until well combined. Serve hot.
To Prepare Egg White Cups
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place ¼ cup egg whites into each well.
- Sprinkle with the pepper.
- Place the pan in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Using a rubber spatula, gently remove each egg from the tin and serve hot.
To Prepare Southwestern Breakfast Bowl
- Spray sauté pan with cooking spray. Add the diced black bean burger, green peppers and jalapeno peppers. Sauté over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Divide into four servings.
- Place 3/4 cup of the potatoes onto a service bowl. Top with 1 portion of the black bean and pepper mixture.
- Place 2 egg white rounds on top of the peppers.
- Evenly place 1/2 cup of the pico de gallo across the pepper mixture.
- Garnish with 1 Tablespoon of the cilantro and 2 to 3 radish slices. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 280, Carbs: 40 g, Protein: 21 g, Fat: 280, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 650 mg, Fiber: 7 g