Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 1 Cup (8 Ounces)
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each) chopped clams
- 2 cups clam juice
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium red bliss potatoes, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 celery stalk, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon each chopped cilantro and parsley
- Drain clams, reserving juice. Combine clam juices with water to measure 3 cups.
- Place onion, bell pepper, Ancho chili powder, lemon juice and oil in bowl of food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water if needed to make a smoother puree. Transfer mixture to large saucepan that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Heat on medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add clam juice, potatoes, carrot and celery; reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Add zucchini; simmer 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in clams just until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro and parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 80, Carbs: 12g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 2g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Sodium: 500mg, Fiber: 3g