Most of the work for this soup is already done, as it uses the 25 remaining meatballs from the Spaghetti and Meatballs with Grape Tomatoes recipe. Thanks to the bok choy, one serving of this soup delivers more than your recommended daily value of vitamins A and C.
Follow Our Recipe
- 1 large head bok choy
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans low-sodium cannellini beans
- Around 25 meatballs (from Spaghetti and Meatballs with Grape Tomatoes recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Halve the bok choy. Thinly slice stalk and place pieces in bowl. Then slice leaves into 1-inch pieces and reserve in separate bowl. Fill bowls with water to soak and clean bok choy; drain.
- In large, heavy-duty pot, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add bok choy stalk pieces and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add bok choy leaves and garlic, stirring to combine until leaves are wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in ground ginger and chicken broth; add cannellini beans and meatballs. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with dill and scallions.
Nutrition Facts: Grams per
serving: 840 grams, Calories: 548, Carbs: 65g, Protein: 48g Fat: 12g, Sat. fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 79mg, Sodium: 682mg, Fiber: 13g