Hearty Grain Tortilla, Quinoa, Baby Kale, Caramelized Onions, Mushroom Artichoke & Walnut Stuffing & Roasted Garlic Hummus
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 2 hours 15 min|Cook time: 40 min|Yield: 4 wraps
- 4 ounces onions-caramelized-balsamic
- 4 ounces quinoa-vegetable stock
- 10 ounces tapenade-mushroom, walnut & artichoke
- 4 -10 inch hearty grain tortillas
- 2 ounces hummus-roasted garlic, Sabra
- 1-1/4 ounces fresh kale, shredded
- 1-1/4 ounces fresh baby arugula
- 4 ounces fresh red peppers
- 1-1/3 tablespoons canola Olivia oil blend 80-20
- 7-7/8 ounces yellow onion, peeled, julienne
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, table ground
- 5-7/8 ounces vegetable stock
- 1-7/8 ounces white quinoa, raw
Roasted Red Peppers
- 1-5/8 ounces red peppers, fresh, washed, pat dry, sliced 1/4 inch
- 7/8 ounce walnut pieces
- 2-1/8 ounces water
Roasted Button Mushrooms
- 5-3/4 ounces button mushrooms, fresh, cut in half
Tapenade-Mushroom, Walnut & Artichoke Tapenade
- 2-1/3 ounces fresh button mushrooms, roasted
- 7/8 ounce roasted red peppers, diced 1/2 inch
- 1-3/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/3 ounces soaked walnuts
- 3-1/8 ounces artichoke hearts, canned
- 5/8 ounce celery, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 ounce basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 ounce garlic, whole clove, peeled, fresh, minced
- 3/4 ounce pepperoncini rings, canned, drained
- 1/8 ounce parsley, fresh, chopped
- 7/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Caramelized Onions: Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions stirring occasionally. Sauté until onions begin to turn golden. Stir in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook until golden color is achieved.
- Quinoa: Bring stock to a boil. Add quinoa and stir to combine. Boil, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until crunchy, but completely cooked. Drain. Let quinoa sit in colander for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Roasted Red Peppers: Coat sheet pan with vegetable oil spray. Place peppers on sheet pan in a single layer. Roasted in a preheated 425 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until softened and golden brown.
- Soaked Walnuts: Combine walnuts and water. Soak for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Roasted Button Mushrooms: Place mushrooms in a single layer on a sheet pan. Spray with vegetable oil. Roast in preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip half way through cooking.
- Mushroom Walnut & Artichoke Tapenade: In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse to combine.
- For Service: Lay tortilla on work surface. Spread 1 tablespoon roasted garlic hummus on top half of each tortilla. Place 1/2 cup kale and 1/2 cup arugula in center of tortilla. Top greens with 1/4 cup caramelized onions, 1/4 cup red peppers and 1 ounce quinoa. Divide evenly the tapenade on the of greens mixture on each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling from right side. Fold under and roll tightly to close. Cut in half on the bias.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 54g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 14g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 640mg, Fiber: 9g