Heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, white beans, arugula, croutons, basil lemon vinaigrette & a hint of balsamic glaze
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 5 to 10 minutes|Yield: 4 salads; 1 salad each
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
Telera Roll Croutons
- 4 oz Telera roll
Tuscan Heirloom Caprese Salad
- ½ cup Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 ⅓ cup Telera Roll Croutons or croutons of choice
- 12 cups (~7 oz by weight) baby arugula
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 Tbsp (3 oz) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced small
- 2 cups low sodium cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 teaspoons balsamic glaze
To Prepare Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- Combine white wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Stir well before using.
To Prepare Telera Roll Croutons
- Slice Telera roll in half and spray with vegetable oil spray. Toast or grill on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut each half into 16 croutons; this will make approximately 1 ⅓ cups Telera Roll Croutons.
To Prepare Tuscan Heirloom Caprese Salad
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, cannellini beans, croutons, and lemon basil vinaigrette.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Divide salad between four large plates.
- Evenly drizzle each salad with 1 tsp balsamic glaze. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 340, Carbs: 48g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 340mg, Fiber: 8g
Karla Mowdy2022-04-20 17:05:55
Could you substitute sweet potatoes yams for the butternut squash?
Hi Karla, Thanks for reaching out! While we cannot confirm the nutritional difference in substituting sweet potatoes yams or if there would be a major change in the flavor, you are more than welcome to try it out and let us know what you think! Enjoy! - The Mindful by Sodexo Team