Baby spinach, red pepper chicken salad, jalapeno, carrots, black beans, mozzarella, avocado, sesame seeds and cilantro
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 salads; 1 salad each
Cilantro Mint Dressing
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 peeled and grated or finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
Fiery Chicken Salad
- 12 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 bags or 3 quarts of baby spinach
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, sliced thinly into 20 slices
- 1 cup canned low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 avocado, seeded and cut into 8 slices
- 1 teaspoon unsalted sesame seed
- 1 cup park skim shredded mozzarella cheese
To Prepare Cilantro Mint Dressing
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar to make simple syrup. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, jalapeno peppers, mint, ginger, red onions, and rice vinegar. Allow mixture to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Fiery Chicken Salad
- Poach or steam chicken for 12 to 15 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow to cool. Hand shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine pulled chicken, lime juice, and red peppers in a mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Use immediately or cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use. Divide into 4 servings.
- As needed, place 3 cups of baby spinach in a bowl or container.
- Place 1 portion of chicken salad onto the center of spinach. Top with 5 slices sliced jalapeno pepper.
- Working around the chicken salad, place the following:
- 1/4 cup black beans at the 9 o'clock position
- 3 Tablespoons shredded carrots at the 3 o'clock position
- 2 slices avocado topped with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds at the 6 o'clock position.
- Evenly top with 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella.
- Serve immediately with 1/4 cup dressing on the side. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 380, Carbs: 49g, Protein: 25g, Fat: 11g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 320mg, Fiber: 7g