Arugula, Brussels sprouts, dried cherry, turkey bacon, walnut, apple & blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette with crisp pita
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 3 to 5 minutes|Cook time: 8 to 12 minutes|
Crisp Turkey Bacon:
- 12 oz sliced turkey bacon
- 2- 6” whole grain pita bread
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 1 teaspoon salt free Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces shaved Brussels sprouts
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 10 ounces cored and diced apple (use Golden delicious when available)
- 4 ounces peeled and julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup Marie’s Blueberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 2 ounces coarsely chopped walnut pieces
To Crisp Turkey Bacon:
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange bacon on parchment paper. Do not overcrowd.
- Cook in a preheated 300 degree F. convection oven (350 degree F. standard oven) for 8 to 12 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from pans. Allow to slightly cool at room temperature before using. Chop coarsely prior to using in salad.
To Make Pita Crisps:
- Spray pitas with oil spray.
- Evenly sprinkle with lemon crystals and seasoning.
- Cut each pita into 4 wedges. Place onto sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. convection oven (400 degree F. standard oven) for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before using.
To Make Salad:
- In a bowl, add shaved Brussels sprouts, arugula, dried cherries, chopped turkey bacon, diced apples, julienned carrots and vinaigrette.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Evenly divide among 4 bowls, making sure that all ingredients are visible.
- Evenly sprinkle salads with chopped walnuts.
- Serve with 2 pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 360, Carbs: 50g, Protein: 14g Fat: 14g, Sat. fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 24mg, Sodium: 630mg, Fiber: 7g