Chopped romaine, spring mix, shredded carrots, tomatoes, diced red onions and cucumbers tossed in Caesar dressing topped with Buffalo shrimp
Prep time: 30 minutes + marinade time
Cook time: 10 minutes
Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, diced ¼-inch
- ½ cup cucumbers, diced ¼-inch
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup cheese garlic croutons
- 2½ tablespoons red hot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1¼ teaspoons olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2½ teaspoons parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ pound peeled, deveined shrimp 41-50 count
- ¾ teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons non fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- Buffalo Shrimp: In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp. Stir until well blended. Add shrimp. Toss to evenly coat shrimp. Marinate for 8 hours in refrigerator. Drain and discard excess marinate.
- Place marinated shrimp on a baking sheet. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Caesar Dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processer. Blend until smooth and well blended.
- Salad preparation: Combine romaine, spring mix, carrots, grape tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers and Caesar dressing. Toss to evenly coat.
- Top salad with Buffalo shrimp, blue cheese and croutons.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 173, Carbs: 19g, Protein: 17g Fat: 4g, Sat. fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 604mg, Fiber: 4g