Skip the stove and enjoy this hearty breakfast classic chilled.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 247g
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ tablespoons chia seeds (find them in the natural foods section of your grocery store)
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Juice of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups low-fat 2 percent milk or unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or blueberries (or any other fruit)
- In a large, resealable container, add oats, chia seeds, honey, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Pour in milk and mix to combine. Place in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
- Top oatmeal with almonds and berries and serve. If you’d prefer your oatmeal hot, simply warm it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring halfway through, and then add the toppings.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 302, Carbs: 48g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Sodium: 103mg, Fiber: 3g