Make this delicious Healthy Breakfast Casserole.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes|Cook time: 40 minutes|
- 12 ounces reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices firm white bread, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion and mushrooms until the sausage is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg whites, milk, ground mustard and poultry seasoning. Add the cubed bread and meat mixture, and stir until well combined. Add the grated cheese and stir. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes until bubbly and golden on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 130, Carbs: 7g, Protein: 15g Fat: 6g, Sat. fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 320mg, Fiber: 1g