Chesapeake cakes with jackfruit, cilantro and chives served with lemon caper cream, potato wedges and haricot verts
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 23 minutes|
Jackfruit Chesapeake Cakes:
- 2 cups drained plain jackfruit
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 3 ½ Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ¼ teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup panko, divided
- 2 teaspoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 ¼ teaspoons finely diced red onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ Tablespoons egg substitute or egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges:
- 1 ½ pounds baking potatoes, cut each potato into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon True lemon juice mix crystals
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Sautéed Haricots Vert:
- 12 ounces fresh trimmed haricot vert (French green beans)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons canola oil
- 2 ¼ teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- Pinch of Kosher salt
Lemon Caper Cream Sauce:
- 4 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup and 2 Tablespoons fat free milk
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 ½ teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 ¼ teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ¼ teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 ¼ teaspoon drained capers
To Prepare Jackfruit Chesapeake Cakes:
- Rinse jackfruit in a colander under cold water.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium. Coat with cooking oil spray. Add jackfruit and garlic. Sauté until all moisture has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- While jackfruit is still warm, add chives, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, mustard, low sodium soy sauce, 2 Tablespoons panko, red pepper, red onion and cilantro to jackfruit. Stir to combine. Allow to cool before using.
- Add egg substitute. Mix gently.
- Portion mixture using ¼ cup.
- Roll each portion in remaining panko crumbs, pressing gently to form a disk, about 2" in diameter x 1/2" thick.
NOTE: Discard leftover panko at end of meal period.
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan. Add crab cakes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Turn over and cook another 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
To Prepare Lemon Caper Cream Sauce:
- Make white wash by pouring water into a bowl and slowly whisking in flour until incorporated. There should be no lumps.
- Slowly heat milk over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in white wash mixture until bechamel is thickened.
- Season with salt.
- Saute garlic and shallots in oil over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
- Add prepared bechamel sauce, mustard and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer. Do not boil.
- Stir in dill and capers until combined. Keep warm.
To Prepare Sautéed Haricots Vert:
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Shock immediately in an ice bath. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add green beans. Sauté for 1 minute or until evenly coated and heated through.
- Season with salt.
To Prepare Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges:
- Blanch wedges in a steamer basket for 5 to 8 minutes or until almost tender and cooked 3/4th of the way. Cool quickly.
- Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Lightly toss potatoes with salt free Italian blend seasoning and true lemon crystals.
- Coat a sheet pans with cooking spray. Spread potatoes on sheet pans in a single layer. Do not overcrowd.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Toss cooked wedges with chopped parsley.
To Plate Jackfruit Chesapeake Cakes & Potato Wedges:
- Place 2 jackfruit Chesapeake cakes on a service plate.
- Evenly divide Roasted Lemon Parsley Potato Wedges and Sautéed Haricots Vert into 4 equal portions. Place 1 serving of each next to the Chesapeake cakes.
- Ladle 2 Tablespoon Lemon Caper Cream sauce next to Chesapeake cakes. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Protein: 8g Fat: 8g, Sat. fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 580mg, Fiber: 6g