Gremolata encrusted salmon fillet with citrus hollandaise sauce, broccoli, carrots and brown rice
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 45 to 40 minutes|
- 1 ¼ cups raw brown rice
- 2 ½ cups water
Herbed Hollandaise Sauce:
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fat free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Gremolata Panko Bread Crumbs:
- ¼ cup panko
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
Gremolata Salmon with Citrus Hollandaise:
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (4 ounces) raw salmon fillet or 1-pound raw salmon fillet cut into 4 equal size pieces
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups peeled and sliced carrots
To Prepare Brown Rice:
- Combine rice and water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
To Prepare Herbed Hollandaise Sauce:
- Make white wash by pouring water into a bowl and slowly whisking in flour until incorporated. There should be no lumps.
- Slowly heat milk over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in white wash mixture until bechamel is thickened.
- Season with salt.
- Add lemon juice, chopped parsley, basil and chives. Bring to a simmer. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender. Or, place in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Serve hot.
To Prepare Gremolata Panko Bread Crumbs:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until combined but remains slightly coarse.
To Prepare Gremolata Salmon with Citrus Hollandaise:
- Rub salmon with oil.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high. Coat with cooking oil spray. Place salmon show side down. Cook for 3 minutes.
Turn a quarter and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season fillets with a pinch of salt. Top each fillet with 1 Tbsp Gremolata Panko Bread Crumbs. Place on a sheet pan. Finish cooking salmon in a preheated 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until panko is golden brown, and salmon is cooked through. Remove from oven.
- While salmon is cooking, steam broccoli and carrots for 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp and vibrant in color and carrots are tender.
Remove from heat. Season with a pinch of salt.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup rice in center of each serving plate.
- Place 1 salmon fillet, leaning onto rice.
- Ladle herbed hollandaise sauce over salmon toward 6 o’clock position. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 490, Carbs: 57g, Protein: 25g Fat: 18g, Sat. fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 470mg, Fiber: 5g