Red quinoa, field greens, onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, chicken & olives tossed with Dijon lemon-herb vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes plus 4 to 24 hours for marinating|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 salads; 1 salad each
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped shallots
- 3 Tablespoons extra olive oil
Mediterranean Chicken & Red Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- One pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 ½ Tablespoons canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal-size pieces
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 3 quarts spring lettuce mix
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/3 cups diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 16 kalamata olives, quartered
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
To Prepare Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, honey, vinegar, and shallots.
- While whisking, slowly add extra virgin olive oil to make an emulsified dressing. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Mediterranean Chicken & Red Quinoa Salad
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil. Whisk until well-blended for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over the chicken in a shallow dish. Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Preheat a grill or sauté pan. Coat with cooking oil spray. Place the marinated chicken and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until well-marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray and roast in a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow cooling for 10 to 15 minutes before dicing. Cool slightly before dicing.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cold running water. Combine quinoa with water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss until evenly coated and distributed. Divide into four servings.
- Place 1 potion in a serving bowl, highlighting the chicken pieces.
- Evenly top with 1 Tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 400, Carbs: 33g, Protein: 35g, Fat: 14g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Sodium: 450mg, Fiber: 6g