Move over, mayo-soaked pasta salad. There’s a new, lighter star in town.
Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 372g
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini-shaped pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- Fill large pot with water and bring to boil over high heat.
- When water is at rapid boil, add rotini pasta. Cook for 6 minutes and then add broccoli florets, snow peas, and asparagus into boiling water, stirring to combine. Cook 2 more minutes until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender. Transfer mixture to colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking of vegetables. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, put yogurt, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, salt, and cayenne in large bowl. Using fork, whisk dressing ingredients to combine. Into bowl with dressing, add pasta and vegetables, along with edamame and scallions. Stir well to combine. If desired, chill pasta salad. Top with crushed peanuts and serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 356, Carbs: 53g, Protein: 47g Fat: 12g, Sat. fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 412mg, Fiber: 11g