Pumpkin, Thai red curry paste, lemongrass, coconut milk, lime and jasmine rice in a chicken bone broth
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 26 to 35 minutes|Yield: 6 servings
Thai Pumpkin Soup:
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice, raw
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 3 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Sliced fresh Thai peppers, optional
To Make Jasmine Rice:
- Place water and rice in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
To Make Thai Pumpkin Soup:
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onion. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass and curry paste. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, bone broth and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, coconut milk and lime juice until well-blended. Allow to cool slightly.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
NOTE: Soup may be pureed in a blender. This might have to be done in batches depending on the size of the blender. Make sure that soup is slightly cooled prior to adding to a blender.
- Place 1/4 cup warm jasmine rice in center of soup bowl. Pour 1 cup soup over rice.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced Thai peppers, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 160, Carbs: 23g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 6g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 700mg, Fiber: 2g