Trail Mix Parfait
Vanilla Greek yogurt layered with dark cherry compote, with house made trail mix of almonds, walnuts, flax and sesame seeds.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Yield: 1 Parfait
- 4 ounces dark cherry compote
- 3 tablespoons seeded trail mix
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
Dark Cherry Compote
- 6 ounces pitted dark cherries, frozen
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 1/4 teaspoons honey
Seeded Trail Mix
- 1 tablespoon sliced blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 3/8 teaspoon flax seed
- 3/4 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 3/4 teaspoon white unsalted sesame seed
- dash (to taste) kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pure maple syrup
Dark Cherry Compote: Bring all ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until cherries are softened and start to release juices. Simmer juices for 5 to 10 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Seeded Trail Mix: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine all ingredients, toss until evenly coated. Spread mixture onto lined baking sheet. Roast nuts and seeds for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring several times with wooden spoon. Cool mixture completely
For Service: : In a cup place 3 tablespoons trail mix, layer 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup compote, 1/3 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup compote. Refrigerate.