Vanilla yogurt in an oat, chia & chick pea flour crust topped with apple, grape, pineapple, dried cranberry & almond
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 20 minutes|
- 1 cup old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 2 Tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons egg whites
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 ounces halved red seedless grapes
- 4 ounces diced granny smith apples
- 2 ounces cored and diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds
- Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees F. (standard oven to 400 degrees F.).
- In a bowl, combine oats, chia seeds, chick pea flour, melted margarine, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Coat 4”x3/4” tart shells thoroughly with oil spray.
- Evenly divide crust mixture into each tart shell. Pack evenly across bottom, also working up the edges of shell. NOTE: Make sure there are no gaps or bare spaces in the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning pans halfway through cooking time.
- Remove tarts from oven. Allow to cool completely at room temperature for at least 2 hours before handling. NOTE: Tart crusts can be made up to two days ahead, and stored at room temp in an airtight container.
- Gently remove tart crust from shell.
- Place 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt in each shell. Spread evenly to cover entire tart to the edges.
- Place 8 grape halves around outer edge of tart with long sides pointing up and outward like the petals of a flower around the whole tart.
- Place 1 oz apples and 1/2 oz pineapple inside grapes, evenly distributing.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp dried cranberries and 1 tsp almonds slices evenly over entire tart. Serve immediately. Or, hold refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 310, Carbs: 54g, Protein: 6g Fat: 9g, Sat. fat: 0g, Cholesterol: <5mg, Sodium: 90mg, Fiber: 5g