Corn tortillas filled with chipotle chicken, sweet corn, tomatoes, mozzarella, black beans and a cilantro yogurt drizzle
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes, plus up to 24 hours to marinate chicken|Cook time: 15 to 22 minutes|Yield: 4 servings; 1 quesadilla and 2 Tablespoons yogurt each
Chipotle Chicken Breast:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ¾ teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 to 12 ounces raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast
Cilantro Chili Yogurt:
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons thinly sliced fresh cilantro
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Quesadilla & Yogurt:
- 8 (5 ½ -inch) corn tortillas
- 8 oz Chipotle Chicken Breasts, chopped small
- ¾ cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ cup fresh plum tomatoes, chopped small
- ½ cup rinsed and drained canned low sodium black beans
- ½ cup Cilantro Chili Yogurt
- ½ lime, cut into four wedges
To Prepare Chipotle Chicken Breast:
- In a bowl, combine chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper for marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken in a shallow dish. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Preheat pan or grill. Place marinated chicken on a clean and well-oiled pan or grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until well-marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray. Bake in a preheated 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before dicing chicken. This will make about 8 oz cooked Chipotle Chicken Breast
To Prepare Cilantro Chili Yogurt:
- In a stainless-steel bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Chicken & Black Bean Quesadilla & Yogurt:
- Top each tortilla with:
-1 oz diced chipotle chicken breast
-1 1/2 Tbsp shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
-1 Tbsp corn
-1 Tbsp diced tomatoes
-1 Tbsp low sodium black beans.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350°F or heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat with nonstick pan spray. Place two topped tortillas onto the griddle or skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes until tortilla starts to become golden brown and cheese begins to melt. Fold each tortilla in half to create quesadilla.
- Remove from heat. Cut each quesadilla into 3 equal pieces and place on a serving plate. Enjoy immediately with 2 tablespoons cilantro chili yogurt and a lime wedge!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 150, Carbs: 14g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 3g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 105mg, Fiber: 2g