Ginger garlic turkey meatballs with a bulgogi marinade over broccoli florets and steamed brown rice
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 45 to 50 minutes|
Bulgogi Turkey Meatballs:
- 10 ½ ounces raw ground turkey (90/10)
- 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons Korean bulgogi marinade or sauce
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
Bulgogi Meatballs with Rice & Broccoli:
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup Korean bulgogi marinade or sauce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
To Prepare Bulgogi Turkey Meatballs:
- In a bowl, mix ground turkey, bulgogi marinade and scallions.
- Coat a sheet pans with cooking oil spray.
- Shape turkey mixture into 12 balls about ¾ inch in diameter. Place onto a sheet pan.
- Cook in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
To Prepare Brown Rice:
- Combine brown rice, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
To Prepare Bulgogi Meatballs with Rice & Broccoli:
- Combine sesame seeds in a sauté pan. Toast over medium heat until lightly golden. Allow to cool before using.
NOTE: Can double white sesame seeds if black sesame seeds are not available.
- Place broccoli in a steamer. Steam for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- While broccoli is steaming, warm bulgogi sauce until heated through.
- Place ¾ cup rice in center of serving plate.
- Evenly place 1 cup broccoli around rice.
- Place 3 meatballs on center of rice.
- Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons warm bulgogi sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle with ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds and 1 Tablespoon sliced scallions.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 350, Carbs: 52g, Protein: 16g Fat: 10g, Sat. fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 680mg, Fiber: 5g