Brown rice, black barley and daikon seed, kimchi slaw, pickled veggies, gochujang bbq, sesame pork & crushed red pepper
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 12 hours for marinating; 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 35 to 40 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
Sesame Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Turmeric Pickled Vegetables
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 ¼ teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup peeled and shredded daikon radish
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 ½ teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
Gochujang BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup gochujang paste or Korean chili bean paste
Kimchi Style Cole Slaw
- 2-3 shredded green cabbages
- 1/3 cup cabbage kimchi with juice and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Spicy Pork Bibimbap
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup black pearl medley rice, rice blend of choice or long grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
To Prepare Sesame Pork Tenderloin
- Combine the pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika and brown sugar. Mix until well-combined.
- Evenly coat the tenderloin with oil. Rub with seasonings until well coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade or juices.
- Place seasoned tenderloin on a hot grill or grill pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until well-marked. Remove from the grill, and place onto a sheet tray.
- Finish cooking in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing crosswise.
- When ready to serve, cut into thin slices. Divide into four servings and serve hot.
To Prepare Turmeric Pickled Vegetables
- Combine the water, sugar, turmeric and rice vinegar. Stir well.
- Add the daikon, carrot and green onions to mixture. Toss until evenly coated. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes to allow vegetables to pickle.
To Prepare Gochujang BBQ Sauce
- In a small pot, combine the sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, agave, and gochujang paste.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Kimchi Style Cole Slaw
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Spicy Pork Bibimbap
- Bring the stock or water to a boil. Stir in the rice medley and oil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 35 mins or until the rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
- Place the egg in a pot with cold water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Rinse under cold water and peel the egg. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. When ready to serve, cut each egg in quarters, lengthwise.
- To plate, place 1 cup of warm rice mixture in bottom of a serving bowl.
- Fan 1 portion of thinly sliced pork at 6 o’clock position.
- Place 1/2 cup of cole slaw over the center of the rice.
- Place 1 1/2 Tablespoons of pickled vegetables over the slaw.
- Place 1 quarter of boiled egg at 12 o’clock position.
- Evenly drizzle 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the Gochujang BBQ sauce over the pork.
- Evenly sprinkle with a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 480, Carbs: 64 g, Protein: 20 g, Fat: 17 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 70 mg, Sodium: 700 mg, Fiber: 11 g