Grilled basil lemon chicken breast served on couscous primavera with sautéed spinach and onions
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 2 hrs 10 min|Cook time: 12 min|Yield: 4 Portions
Sautéed Spinach and Onions
- 3 teaspoons canola olive oil
- ¾ cup yellow onions, julienne
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup raw couscous
- ½ cup zucchini, diced ¼ inch
- ¼ cup Roma tomatoes, diced ¼ inch
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red peppers, diced ¼ inch
- ¼ cup green peppers, diced ¼ inch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper with salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4 ounces each
- Sautéed Spinach and Onions: In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions. Sauté until caramelized. Add spinach. Season with pepper. Mix well and remove from heat. Stir until spinach just starts to wilt.
- Couscous Primavera: Bring vegetable broth to a simmer and remove from heat. Hold hot. In a shallow bowl or pan, add couscous, zucchini, tomatoes, green onions, garlic, red peppers, green peppers, salt and pepper. Pour ¾ cup broth over mixture. Stir to combine. Add oil, lemon juice, oregano, basil and parsley. Stir to combine. Cover and let sit for 7 to 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Marinade: Combine oil, lemon pepper, basil and lemon juice for marinade. Mix until well blended.
- Pour Marinade over chicken turning to evenly coat. Keep refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours to marinate. Do not drain.
- Place chicken on pre-heated to medium high grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until well cooked and minimum internal temperature is 165˚F.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 330, Carbs: 31g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Sodium: 540mg, Fiber: 6g