Roasted courgette, kale and pumpkin seed risotto with fresh sage.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes|Cook time: 25 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 300g of arborio rice
- 400g of courgette halved, cut into1cm half moons
- 400g of kale washed and drained
- 125g of finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon of peeled and choppedgarlic
- 25ml of olive oil
- 2 litres of vegetable stock - hot
- 25g of unsalted butter
- 25g of fresh grated parmesan
- Large pinch of fresh sage
- Large pinch of pumpkin seeds
- Blanch and refresh the kale.
- Mix the courgettes with half of the olive oil and roast in a preheated oven set at 170°c for 10 minutes.
- Add the butter and remaining oil to the pan, followed by the onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rice and stir to combine.
- Gradually add in the stock whilst stirring continuously, continue doing this for around 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- When the rice is just cooked, add in the parmesan cheese, courgette, kale, pumpkin seeds and sage.
- Stir through all the ingredients and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 369, Carbs: 53.5g, Protein: 11.7g, Fat: 11.8g, Sat. Fat: 2.8g, Fiber: 4.9g