Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes|Cook time: 50 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 90g green lentils
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 medium egg
- 14g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Flora Buttery
- 1ml vanilla flavouring
- 17g cocoa powder
- 115g gluten free self-raising flour
- Cook the lentils in water until they are soft, then drain and blend until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C, line a suitable cake tin or deep tray.
- Transfer the lentil paste to a bowl and add in the egg, sugar, Flora, cocoa, flour and vanilla. Stir together until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut to size.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 211, Carbs: 34.7g, Protein: 8.7g, Fat: 3.2g, Sat. Fat: 1.2g, Fiber: 4.6g