Cauliflower and amaranth risotto with onions, red peppers, garlic and lentils garnished with parsley
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 27 to 30 minutes|Yield: 4 servings
- 400g cauliflower florets, divided in to two
- 20g raw amaranth 350ml water
- 140g raw Puy lentils, water to cover
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- 160g diced onions
- 90g diced fresh red pepper
- 8g finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 4 portions vegetable stock
- 20ml white wine vinegar
- 5g salt
- 20g chopped fresh flat parsley leaves
- In a pot bring water to a boil. Stir in amaranth. Cook for 20 to 22 minutes or until tender. Strain. Allow to cool slightly before using.
- Bring water and lentils to a boil in a suitable pot. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Allow to cool slightly before using.
NOTE: Do not overcook. Properly cooked lentils should retain shape and be tender to the bite, not mushy.
- Blitz half the cauliflower until it resembles rice. Mix the remaining half of cauliflower with the oil and roast until lightly golden. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the onion & peppers & cook until just starting to soften add the garlic and blitzed cauliflower and cook until starting to soften. Add the lentils & amaranth add the vegetable stock gradually until you have a creamy risotto add in the vinegar, salt and stir through.
- Serve in a bowl evenly dividing the risotto into four portions. Top each bowl with a portion of the roasted cauliflower and a portion of chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 288, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 9.5g, Sat. Fat: 1.3g, Fiber: 9g