A whole grain tortilla with Cajun turkey breast, lettuce, heirloom tomato, corn, pickled red onions & yogurt remoulade.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 12 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 40 minutes (if roasting Cajun turkey), plus 24 hours to pickle onions|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
Habanero Pickled Red Onions
- 1 habanero pepper, cut into thirds
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
Cajun Roasted Turkey Breast
- 12 ounces of raw turkey breast
- ¾ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels, thawed and thoroughly drained & patted dry
Cajun Turkey Wrap
- 4 (10-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- ½ cup prepared yogurt remoulade
- ½ cup prepared dry roasted corn
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prepared Cajun turkey breast or low-sodium deli Cajun turkey breast
- 4 leaves of green lettuce
- 8 thin slices of red heirloom tomato
- ½ cup prepared habanero pickled red onions
To Prepare Habanero Pickled Red Onions:
- Note – Habanero peppers are extremely hot. Be sure to wear gloves and wash your hands after handling. Be mindful to discard gloves after use. The habanero is for flavoring the onions and should not be eaten.
Cut stems off habanero and deseed. Cut peppers into three pieces. Combine with sliced onions, salt, and oregano in a bowl.
- Mix the vinegar and lime juice in a separate bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the onion mixture. Stir, cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours to marinate. Remove and discard the habanero before using it.
To Prepare Cajun Roasted Turkey Breast:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Set a roasting rack into a small casserole dish. Rub Cajun seasoning into the turkey breast and place on the roasting rack skin-side up. Thoroughly wash your hands and the preparation area.
- Roast the turkey for 20 to 25 minutes (approximately 30 minutes per pound) or until the turkey breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Slice the turkey breast thinly across the grain and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Yogurt Remoulade:
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To Prepare Dry-Roasted Corn:
- Spray a skillet with non-stick pan spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add corn and toss with a spatula until the corn starts to pop and brown. Remove from the heat and quickly cool to room temperature.
To Prepare Cracked wheat & chickpea wrap:
- Warm a tortilla in a microwave or sauté pan over medium-high heat to soften.
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface. Spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt remoulade over the entire tortilla to help seal the wrap when rolling.
- In order, top hummus with:
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted corn
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Cajun turkey breast
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- 2 tablespoons of habanero pickled red onions.
- Tuck in the left and right sides of the tortilla over the filling. Roll to close burrito style, finishing with seam side down. Cut in half on the bias. Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 330, Carbs: 44g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 650mg, Fiber: 6g