Let’s head to the kitchen, roll up our sleeves and have fun cooking a healthy breakfast!
Cooking with your family gives you a chance to spend time together and work as a team to make a yummy breakfast. Whether you love to eat Saturday breakfast or prefer breakfast-for-dinner during the week, making delicious breakfast foods from scratch is a great way to learn new skills in the kitchen.
By cooking the breakfast dishes featured here, you’ll learn skills that will last a lifetime, including:
- Paying attention to details
- Making healthy choices
- Organizing ingredients
- Following recipe directions
- Measuring dry and wet ingredients
- Food preparation skills (like peeling, chopping, slicing and stirring)
- Cooking skills (like frying, boiling and baking)
- Teamwork as you work towards a common goal
- Cleaning up as you go and putting things away
- Sharing love with your family!
Always ask a parent or grown-up to help when you’re in the kitchen to make sure you’re cooking safely!
These Mindful breakfast recipes are easy to make and healthy, too! To choose recipes for your family to make, click on the links to see the cooking steps and a photo of the recipe. Make it fun and let everyone in your family vote for the recipe you’ll make first!
You’ll flip for pancakes and applesauce because they make a delicious breakfast duo. Cook the applesauce a day or two ahead so it has time to chill in the refrigerator.
This is a great recipe for learning kitchen skills. With a grown-up’s help, you can chop, fry, beat, stir and bake.
Sleepyheads love this breakfast because both recipes are made the night before! You can sleep in, wake up and chow down!