Whole grain pizza with butternut squash, roasted forest mushrooms, mozzarella, parmesan, and lemony baby arugula
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 22 to 27 minutes|Yield: 8 servings; 1 slice each
Roasted Mushroom Medley
- 4 oz white mushrooms, quartered
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and quartered
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
Wild Mushroom & Butternut Squash Pizza
- 1-16-inch whole grain thin pizza crust
- 1/3 cup store-bought basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 4 cups (about 1 bag) of baby arugula
- 1 ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
To Prepare Roasted Mushroom Medley
- Lay mushrooms in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Sprinkle with thyme and toss to distribute evenly.
- Roast in a preheated 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip once halfway through cooking to promote even browning. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
To Prepare Roasted Butternut Squash
- Place squash in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Spray with cooking oil spray.
- Roast in a preheated 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip once halfway through cooking to promote even browning. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
To Prepare Wild Mushroom & Butternut Squash Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or the heat recommended by the manufacturer's directions.
- Evenly spread 1/3 cup pesto to 1/4-inch from the edge of each crust.
- Cover pizza sauce with about 1 cup of roasted mushrooms to 1/2-inch from the edge of the crust.
- In order, evenly top with:
- about 2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella.
NOTE: Do not pile ingredients in the center but concentrate on spreading towards the outside edges.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and cool for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine arugula, olive oil, and lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly. Evenly place over pizza.
- Cut into 8 even slices. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 290, Carbs: 35g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 290mg, Fiber: 5g