Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 6 wraps
- 2 each garlic, fresh, whole, peeled
- 5 teaspoons low-calorie, no cholesterol mayonnaise
- 2¼ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley leaves, fresh, chopped
- 3/8 teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pasteurized fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce Dash Hungarian paprika
- 7 oz. red onions, fresh, sliced 1/8"
- 2-1/3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1¾ teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef base, no msg
- 1½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard, dry
- 1-1/8 teaspoons rosemary leaves, fresh
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1¼ lb. beef top round, inside choice, raw
- 6 each 8” 55% Hearty Grains flour tortilla
- 4¼ oz. spring lettuce mix
- 12 oz. tomatoes, fresh, sliced ¼", cut in half
- Place garlic gloves in a pan. Spray with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool quickly and then finely minced.
- To prepare Bistro Sauce, combine roasted garlic, horseradish, dash of onion powder, spicy mustard, fresh oregano, parsley, 1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme, lemon juice, Tabasco and paprika in a bowl until well-blended. Hold cold.
- To prepare Caramelized Red Onion: Spray sauté pan with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Add onions, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add vinegar, brown sugar, thyme and pepper. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, and cook until golden brown. Cool quickly.
- To prepare Herb-Crusted Roast Beef: Combine base, water, 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, rosemary, thyme and allspice for rub.
- Evenly rub over entire beef, including under the skin. Roast in a preheated 375°F oven for 2 hours to 2¼ hours. Cool quickly and slice thin.
- For Wrap Assembly
Warm tortilla over medium heat for 10 seconds or until pliable.
- Evenly spread 2 teaspoons bistro sauce over entire tortilla.
- In center of tortilla, from top to bottom, leaving ½" from bottom, place 1 cup spring mix.
- Evenly top with 2½ oz. beef, 4 half slices tomato, dash of black pepper, and 1 tablespoon onions.
- Start rolling from one side, and tuck in the bottom ½". Keep rolling to form an open-ended cone.
- Wrap with wax paper, leaving the end exposed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 31g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 10g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Sodium: 350mg, Fiber: 4g
Jeanne Lorah2022-12-31 02:06:06
I am impressed with the recipes for the food you serve.