Grilled chicken paired with hummus, bistro sauce, roasted onions & peppers on multigrain ciabatta
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 22 to 30 minutes (plus 4 to 24 hours for marinating)|Cook time: 7 to 12 minutes|Yield: 4 sandwiches; 1 sandwich each
- 2 ½ Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- One pinch of onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or one pinch of dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley or one pinch of dried parsley leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or one pinch of dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Balsamic Chicken Breast
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- One pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 ½ Tablespoons canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal-size pieces
Tuscan Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/8 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup store-bought hummus
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers, store-bought or homemade
- 4 whole-grain ciabatta or bun of choice
- 1 1/3 cups baby arugula
To Prepare Bistro Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Balsamic Chicken Breast
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil. Whisk until well-blended for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over the chicken in a shallow dish. Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Preheat grill or sauté pan. Coat with cooking oil spray. Place the marinated chicken and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until well-marked.
- Transfer to a sheet tray and roast in a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until fully cooked. Allow cooling for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing on the bias. Divide into four servings. Serve warm.
To Prepare Tuscan Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds of its original volume. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine onion, pepper, and oregano in a bowl. Coat with cooking spray. Toss until evenly coated and place in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet tray, making sure not to overcrowd. Roast in a preheated 425 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until onions are softened and lightly golden. Remove from the heat and serve warm.
- As needed, split 1 roll. Spread 2 Tablespoons hummus on the bottom of the roll and 2 teaspoons of Bistro sauce on top of the roll.
- Top the hummus with:
- 1/3 cup arugula
- 1 portion (about 3 ounces) of sliced grilled chicken
- 1 Tablespoon sliced peppers
- 2 Tablespoons onions.
- Drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon of the balsamic reduction. Place the top of the roll on the sandwich to close. Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 390, Carbs: 46g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 580mg, Fiber: 5g