Reduced sodium turkey, cranberry chutney, pickled red onion, arugula, and mozzarella rolled in a whole grain tortilla
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 2 to 12 hours for marinating; 6 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
Pickled Red Onions:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
Cranberry Citrus Chutney:
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup and 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
Turkey & Fresh Mozzarella Wrap:
- 4 (10-inch) whole grain flour tortillas
- 8 ounces thinly sliced all natural, reduced sodium deli turkey breast, divided into 4 portions
- 2 2/3 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
To Prepare Pickled Red Onions
- Place vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil to make marinade.
- Place onions in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Pour hot marinade over onions, ensuring that onions are submerged. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cover, and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Drain and discard excess marinade when serving.
To Prepare Cranberry Citrus Chutney:
- In a pot, add cranberries, juices, grated peels, and sugar. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until reduced by a third.
- In a bowl, add cornstarch and water. Whisk until well-blended for slurry. Add to cranberry mixture. Cook until thickened, clear and glossy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in walnuts. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Turkey & Fresh Mozzarella Wrap:
- As needed, warm tortilla in a microwave or on a sauté pan over heat to soften.
- Spread 3 Tablespoons cranberry chutney over entire tortilla.
- In center of each tortilla, place the following ingredients in order:
-1 serving (2-ounces) sliced turkey
-2/3 cup baby arugula
-3 Tablespoons part skim shredded mozzarella
-1/4 cup drained pickled red onion
- Roll burrito style and cut in half on the diagonal.
- Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and hold in a refrigerator for 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 400, Carbs: 48g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 13g, Sat. Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 36mg, Sodium: 690mg, Fiber: 5g