Healthy grain tortilla with teriyaki tofu, grilled pineapple, baby spinach, quinoa, carrots, and red onion
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes for marinating; 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce
- 12 ounces drained extra-firm tofu, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tablespoons canola oil
Asian Grilled Pineapple
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced lengthwise into ½-inch strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 cup tri-color quinoa or quinoa of choice
- 3/4 cup water
Teriyaki Tofu & Grilled Pineapple Wrap
- 4 (10-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
To Prepare Teriyaki Tofu
- Combine soy sauce and sriracha sauce for the marinade. Mix well.
- Drain and gently press tofu with the palm of your hand to release any additional moisture. Slice tofu into 8 even slices per 1 pound container.
- Pour marinade evenly over tofu. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to use.
- Evenly coat each slice of tofu with cornstarch. Place on wax or parchment paper-lined sheet tray or pan.
- Preheat a large sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan.
- Place seasoned tofu in the pan. Do not crowd the pan for ease of turning tofu. Pan sear each slice for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning and browning evenly while heating through. Allow cooling before using.
To Prepare Asian Grilled Pineapple
- Grill pineapple on a hot grill, grill pan, or sauté pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Dice pineapple into cubes.
- Combine pineapple, green onions, and sweet chili sauce. Toss gently to coat evenly. Allow cooling before use.
To Prepare Tri-color Quinoa
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cold running water. Combine quinoa with water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs. Cool before using.
To Prepare Teriyaki Tofu & Grilled Pineapple Wrap
- Warm a tortilla in a microwave or on a sauté pan over medium-high heat to soften.
- Place 1 cup of baby spinach on the bottom third of each tortilla.
- In order, top spinach with:
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2 slices teriyaki tofu
- 1/4 cup grilled pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon shredded carrots
- a few slices of red onion.
- Tuck in the left and right sides of the tortilla over the filling. Roll to close burrito style, finishing with seam side down. Cut in half on the bias. Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 470, Carbs: 64g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 440mg, Fiber: 8g