Baby spinach topped with teriyaki tofu, pineapple, quinoa, carrots, edamame, red onion, sesame seeds and sriracha yogurt
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes for marinating; 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 bowls; 1 bowl each
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce
- 12-ounce extra firm tofu drained and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tablespoons canola oil
Sriracha Yogurt Spread
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon true lemon crystals or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon peeled finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce
Asian Grilled Pineapple
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced lengthwise into ½-inch strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon store-bought sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 cup tri-color or quinoa of choice
- 3/4 cup water
Teriyaki Tofu Ancient Grain Poke Bowl
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon unsalted sesame seed
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/3 cups frozen edamame, thawed
To Prepare Teriyaki Tofu
- Combine soy sauce and sriracha sauce for the marinade. Mix well.
- Drain and gently press tofu with the palm of your hand to release any additional moisture. Slice tofu into 8 even slices per 1 pound container.
- Pour marinade evenly over tofu. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to use.
- Evenly coat each slice of tofu with cornstarch. Place on wax or parchment paper-lined sheet tray or pan.
- Preheat a large saute pan to medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan.
- Place seasoned tofu in the pan. Do not crowd the pan for ease of turning tofu. Pan sear each slice for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning and browning evenly while heating through. Allow cooling before dicing.
To Prepare Sriracha Yogurt Spread
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Asian Grilled Pineapple
- Grill pineapple on a hot grill, grill pan, or saute pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Dice pineapple into cubes.
- Combine pineapple, green onions, and sweet chili sauce. Toss gently to coat evenly. Allow cooling before use.
To Prepare Tri-color Quinoa
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cold running water. Combine quinoa with water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use. Allow cooling before using. Or, cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Teriyaki Tofu Ancient Grain Poke Bowl
- When ready to serve, place 2 cups of baby spinach in the center of the bowl.
- Place about 1/3 cup teriyaki tofu over the center of spinach. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Working clockwise around the tofu, place:
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple at the 12 o’clock position
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced red onions at 1 to 2 o’clock position
- 2 Tablespoons diced tomatoes at 3 o’clock position
- 1/3 cup quinoa at the 4 to 5 o’clock position
- 2 Tablespoons shredded carrots at the 7 o’clock position
- 1/3 cup edamame at the 11 o’clock position.
- Enjoy immediately with 2 Tablespoons of the sriracha yogurt on the side.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 430, Carbs: 50g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 15g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: less than 5mg, Sodium: 660mg, Fiber: 9g