Tender spring greens topped with grilled chili garlic shrimp, mango, avocado, toasted peanuts, and fresh mint and served with a Thai vinaigrette
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 1 hour for marinating; 10 to 15 minutes|Cook time: 8 to 12 minutes|Yield: 4 entrée salads; 1 salad each
Chili Garlic Shrimp
- 12 raw and deveined shrimp, 26-30 count
- 3 Tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Fried Rice Noodles
- Oil for frying
- 2 ounces rice stick noodles
Thai Shrimp & Peanut Salad
- 8 cups spring lettuce mix or 2 bags of lettuce mix
- 2 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/2 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 12 slices
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 12 slices
- 2 Tablespoons and two teaspoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon dry roasted unsalted peanuts, toasted
To Prepare Chili Garlic Shrimp:
- Combine the shrimp and sweet Thai chili garlic sauce until coated evenly. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade when ready to cook.
- Heat a grill, grill pan, or saute pan. Place marinated shrimp and grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Remove from heat, and cool before serving.
To Prepare Thai Vinaigrette:
- In a saucepan, combine water, rice wine vinegar, and sugar. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Add sweet Thai chili sauce and cilantro to the cooled mixture. Stir well. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Fried Rice Noodles:
- Heat deep fat frying oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slightly pull apart rice noodles. Place noodles in hot oil. Flash fry for about 10 seconds or until puffed and crisp. Remove from oil. Drain well. Divide into four portions.
Note: If rice noodles are not available, substitute cellophane noodles.
To Plate Thai Shrimp & Peanut Salad:
- Combine spring mix and cabbage. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use
- Mound 2 ½ cups lettuce and cabbage mixture on a serving plate.
- Place 3 slices of mango on one side of the salad and 3 slices of avocado on the other side of the salad.
- Place 3 shrimp around salad in a triangle fashion.
- Garnish with 2 teaspoons chopped mint, 1 portion of fried noodles, and 1 teaspoon toasted peanuts.
- Enjoy immediately with 1/4 cup Thai vinaigrette on the side.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 320, Carbs: 58g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 8g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 460mg, Fiber: 5g