Follow Our Recipe
- ¾ cup Broccoli Florets
- ½ cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 tsp. Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 tsp. White Unsalted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Root, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Green Onions, sliced
- 1 cup Cabbage, diced ¼”
- ½ cup Red Peppers, diced ½”
- ½ cup Carrots, sliced
- 2 tsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- ¼ cup Vegetable Stock or Broth
- ¾ lb. Kamut Rice Blend (recipe follows)
- ½ cup Thai Citrus Sauce (recipe follows)
- 8 oz. Herb Crusted Roast Beef(recipe follows)
- Place broccoli and sugar snap peas in boiling water. Blanch for 30 seconds. Shock in ice water. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Preheat sauté pan over high heat or wok to 350°F.
- Add oil and white sesame seeds. Quickly toss for 5 seconds.
- Add minced ginger, minced garlic and sliced green onions. Sauté for 30 seconds or until aroma of ginger and garlic prevail.
- Add diced cabbage, diced red peppers, sliced carrots, blanched broccoli and blanched sugar snap peas. Quickly stir fry for 1 minute by tossing frequently to avoid uneven cooking.
- Add cooked rice, herb crusted roast beef strips and vegetable broth. Stir quickly to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Add Thai citrus sauce. Toss for 30 seconds or until heated through. Minimum internal temperature should be at least 165°F.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds.
Kamut Rice Blend
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 6 oz. Sunrise Blend Rice with Quinoa Flakes
- Add rice blend with cold vegetable broth in a stock pot over high heat. Mix well. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes or until tender and all liquid is absorbed. Keep hot until ready to use.
Thai Citrus Sauce
- ¼ cup Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Orange Juice
- 1½ tsp. Lime Juice
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Herb Crusted Roast Beef
- ½ tsp. Low Sodium Beef Base
- 1 tbsp. Water
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp. Rosemary Leaves
- ¼ tsp. Thyme
- ¼ tsp. Allspice
- 11 oz. Beef Top Round
- Combine base, water, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, rosemary, thyme and allspice for rub.
- Evenly rub over entire beef, including under the skin.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place roast in a roasting pan and roast for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until minimum internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Slice beef into thin strips for stir fry. Keep hot until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 370, Carbs: 47g, Protein: 22g Fat: 10, Sat. fat: 3g, Sodium: 500g, Fiber: 8g