Whole grain wrap with tandoori seasoned chicken salad, romaine, baby arugula, grilled pineapple & pickled red onions
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 2 to 4 hours for pickling; 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 8 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
Pickled Red Onions:
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
Tandoori Spice Mixture:
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
Tandoori Spiced Yogurt:
- 2 Tablespoons and 1 teaspoon tandoori spice mixture
- 1 1/8 cups cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon true lime crystals
Tandoori Chicken Walford Salad:
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons walnut pieces
- 12 ounces raw boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced gala apples
- 3/4 cup and 2 Tablespoons tandoori spiced yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
Tandoori Chicken Waldorf Wrap:
- 6 ounces fresh pineapple
- 4 (10-inch) whole grain flour tortillas
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby arugula
To Prepare Pickled Red Onions
- Place vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil to make marinade.
- Place onions in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Pour hot marinade over onions, ensuring that onions are submerged. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cover, and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Drain and discard excess marinade when serving.
To Prepare Tandoori Spice Mixture:
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Store in airtight container for use.
To Prepare Tandoori Spiced Yogurt:
- Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Tandoori Chicken Walford Salad:
- In a skillet, combine sugar and nuts. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar melts. Watch carefully, do not burn. Mixture will be very hot. Spread on parchment lined sheet tray to cool. Store in airtight container for use.
- Cook chicken breast until no longer pink. Cut into ½-inch pieces. Cool prior to use.
- Combine all ingredients until evenly distributed. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Tandoori Chicken Waldorf Wrap:
- Peel, core and halve pineapple lengthwise. Slice into ¼-inch thick slices. Place onto hot grill or grill pan. Grill for 1 minute on each side or until well-marked. Let cool. Cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use. Divide into four portions.
- As needed, warm tortilla in a microwave or on a sauté pan over medium-high heat to soften.
- Evenly spread 1 Tablespoon Tandoori Spiced Yogurt over entire tortilla.
- Place 1 cup chopped lettuce and 1/2 cup baby arugula on bottom third of tortilla.
- Top lettuce, in order, with:
-3/4 cup Waldorf Tandoori Chicken salad
-1 portion (1 1/2 ounces) grilled pineapple
-1 Tablespoon pickled red onion.
- Tuck in left and right sides of tortilla over filling. Roll to close burrito style, finishing with seam side down. Cut in half on the bias. Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and hold in a refrigerator for 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 410, Carbs: 52g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 13g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Fiber: 6
Jeanne Lorah2022-12-31 02:06:06
I am impressed with the recipes for the food you serve.