Chickpea flour pancakes filled with baked apples and roasted butternut squash drizzled with a hot honey sauce
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes|Cook time: 30 to 35 minutes|Yield: 4 entrees; 2 pancakes, 1/2 cup fruit, and 2 teaspoon honey each
Roasted Cinnamon Chipotle Apples and Squash
- 2 cups diced red delicious apples
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and diced butternut squash
- 2 ½ teaspoons chipotle cinnamon rub
Hot Honey Sauce
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Chickpea Pancake Batter
- 1 ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ teaspoon chipotle cinnamon rub
- 1 ¼ cups low-fat milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons of non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
To Prepare Roasted Cinnamon Chipotle Apples and Squash
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine apples and squash. Spray lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Sprinkle with chipotle cinnamon rub and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread out in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet tray, making sure not to overcrowd.
- Roast in the hot oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
To Prepare Hot Honey Sauce
- Combine honey and crushed red pepper flakes in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain well and discard pepper flakes.
- Stir vinegar into the honey until well combined. Cool and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Note: If the amount required for service is too small to be cooked in a pan, prepare a larger batch. Adjust the cooking times accordingly, and store the leftover in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
To Prepare Chickpea Pancake Batter
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add milk and yogurt. Whisk until evenly mixed. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Sweet & Spicy Chickpea Pancakes
- As needed, coat the bottom of a skillet with cooking oil spray.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of chickpea batter, swirling to create an even, circular shape, about 4 to 5 inches.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Flip pancakes and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
- To serve, place 1 pancake in the center of a serving plate and evenly top with 1/4 cup of roasted fruit.
- Place a second pancake on top of the fruit, creating a stack.
- Place 1/4 cup of roasted fruit in the center of the pancake.
- Evenly drizzle with 2 teaspoons of hot honey and enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 220, Carbs: 42g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 2.5g, Sat. Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: <5mg, Sodium: 390mg, Fiber: 6g