Follow Our Recipe
Serving Size: 1 salad, 3 ounces balsamic garlic chicken, 1 ounce dressing
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce ¾ cup red onions, fresh, sliced thin
- 6 breasts Balsamic Garlic Chicken (recipe below), sliced ½ pound peaches, fresh, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sliced blanched almonds, toasted
- 6 ounces Honey Lime Cilantro dressing (recipe below)
- Place 1 cup spring mix on plate or in appropriate-sized container.
- Top with ⅛ cup red onions, 1 sliced chicken breast, 3 fresh peach slices, ½ teaspoon toasted almonds and 1 ounce Honey Lime Cilantro dressing.
Balsamic Garlic Chicken
- 1¾ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon garlic, fresh, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 6 chicken breasts (4 ounces each), boneless, skinless, raw
- ¾ teaspoon oregano leaves, fresh, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
- Combine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and oil. Whisk until well-blended for marinade.
- Add chicken. Toss until evenly coated. Hold refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade.
- Place chicken on an oven-safe pan. Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon oregano and ⅛ teaspoon thyme over each breast.
- Preheat char-broiler or grill.
- Place chicken on a clean and well-oiled char-broiler or grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until well-marked.
- Transfer to sheet pans. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F standard oven for 5 minutes or until minimum internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F (for 15 seconds). Cool under refrigeration.
Honey Lime Cilantro Dressing
- ⅛ cup + 1 tablespoon canola oil blend (80% canola, 20% olive)
- ⅛ cup + 1¼ teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- ⅛ cup + 1-1/8 teaspoon honey 1 tablespoon + ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard ¾ tablespoon cilantro leaves, fresh, minced ¾ tablespoon fresh lime juice ¼ teaspoon Chinese sesame seed oil 1¼ teaspoon red peppers, fresh, minced 1¼ teaspoon yellow onions, fresh, minced ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ cup + 1-1/8 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon + ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ tablespoon cilantro leaves, fresh, minced
- ¾ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese sesame seed oil
- 1¼ teaspoon red peppers, fresh, minced
- 1¼ teaspoon yellow onions, fresh, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk ingredients together until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate until used.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 270, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 21g Fat: 15g, Sat. fat: 1.5g, Sodium: 300mg, Fiber: 2g