This vibrant, refreshing salad is filled with fresh strawberries and crisp lettuce, and tossed in a sweet and sour vinaigrette.
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 8 minutes|Cook time: 12 to 15 minutes|Yield: 4 Entrée Salads
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1 package (12 ounces) spring lettuce mix
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- ½ cup sliced, blanched and toasted almonds
- ¾ cup julienned red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Cook red quinoa according to package directions. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chocolate Vinaigrette: Mix balsamic vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, granulated sugar and Dijon mustard until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in unsweetened cocoa until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salad Build: Toss lettuce and cooked quinoa to gently mix. Divide among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle each with ¾ cup strawberries, 2 tablespoons each red onion and almonds and 1 teaspoon mint. Drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons Chocolate Vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 310, Carbs: 54g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 44g, Sodium: 60mg, Fiber: 8g