Creamy chicken salad with scallions, asparagus, celery, spring mix, corn, tomato & fresh basil in a hearty grain wrap
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes|Yield: 4 wraps; 1 wrap each
Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad
- 10 ounces raw, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 ½ teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Spring Chicken Salad Wrap
- 2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 8 to 12 asparagus spears, trimmed and blanched
- 4 (10-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 8 slices of tomato
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
To Prepare Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad
- Steam or poach chicken breasts for 10 minutes or until cooked. Dice into 1/2-inch pieces when cool enough to handle. Cool properly before preparing the salad.
- Mix chicken, celery, green onions, and grapes in a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, salt, and pepper in another bowl. Mix well.
- Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the chicken, being careful not to break up the chicken. Cover, and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Spring Chicken Salad Wrap
- Spray a skillet with pan spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add corn. Toss with a spatula until the corn starts to pop and brown. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool slightly before using.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 20 to 30 seconds. Shock in an ice-water bath. Drain well.
- Warm a tortilla in a microwave or sauté pan over medium-high heat to soften.
- Place 1 cup of spring mix on the bottom third of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border.
- In order, top lettuce with:
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2 to 3 spears of blanched asparagus
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup lemon tarragon chicken salad
- 2 Tablespoons roasted corn.
- Tuck in the left and right sides of the tortilla over the filling. Roll to close burrito style, finishing with seam side down. Cut in half on the bias. Enjoy immediately! Or, wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 340, Carbs: 56g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: <5mg, Sodium: 460mg, Fiber: 9g