Two crispy tortillas piled with eggs, grilled peppers, onions, cheddar cheese, avocado, pico de gallo, and fresh cilantro
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 8 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes|Yield: 8 tostadas; 2 tostadas each
Southwestern Breakfast Tostadas
- 2 cups thinly sliced red pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups egg whites or 10 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup and 2 Tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, seed removed and sliced into 8
- ½ cup pico de gallo or salsa
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
To Prepare Southwestern Breakfast Tostada:
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking oil spray. Add peppers and onion. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking oil spray. Add egg whites and cook until scrambled. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas in a saute pan or microwave until pliable. Press them into a medium muffin tin, making a cup shape.
- Scoop 1/4 cup vegetable mixture into each tortilla.
- Top with:
-1/4 cup scrambled egg whites
-1/2 Tablespoon cheese.
- Place in a preheated 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- As needed, plate two tostadas. Top each with:
-1 slice of avocado
-1 Tablespoon salsa
-1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 280, Carbs: 33g, Protein: 17g, Fat: 9g, Sat. Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 750mg, Fiber: 7g