Mesclun greens, shaved fennel, orange segments, shrimp, beluga lentils & honey papaya vinaigrette with crisp pita
Follow Our Recipe
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes|Cook time: 15 to 18 minutes|
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup dried black lentils
Honey Papaya White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup Marie's White Balsamic Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons diced fresh papaya
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
Italian Pita Crackers:
- 2- 6” whole grain pita bread
- 1/8 teaspoon True Lemon crystals
- 1 teaspoon salt free Italian seasoning
Shrimp, Fennel & Beluga Lentil Salad:
- 12 ounces peeled, deveined raw shrimp (71-90 count)
- 8 cups mesclun mix
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 4 cups shaved fennel
To Prepare Black Lentils:
- Rinse lentils in cold water and pick through for any stones or foreign material.
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, combine lentils and water.
- Bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Drain off excess liquid. Allow to cool before use.
To Prepare Honey Papaya White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- In a bowl, combine ingredients until well mixed. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
To Prepare Italian Pita Crackers:
- Spray pitas with cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle with lemon crystals and seasoning.
- Cut each pita into 4 wedges. Place onto sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before use.
To Prepare Shrimp, Fennel & Beluga Lentil Salad:
- Bring water to a boil. Place shrimp in a steamer basket. Steam for 1 to 2 minutes or until opaque, pink and cooked through. Allow to cool before use.
- In a bowl, add mixed greens, orange sections, black lentils, shaved fennel, steamed shrimp and vinaigrette.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- Evenly divide among 4 bowls, making sure that all ingredients are visible.
- Serve with 2 pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 360, Carbs: 50g, Protein: 23g Fat: 9g, Sat. fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 740mg, Fiber: 11g