Follow Our Recipe
Yield: 6 stir-fry
- 2¼ cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 quarts water
- 9½ oz. whole wheat penne rigate, dry
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, fresh, halved
- 8 oz. red peppers, fresh
- 6 oz. shallots, fresh
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, fresh, minced
- 3/8 cup sherry wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, fresh, chopped
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1¾ teaspoon parsley leaves, fresh, chopped
- 10 oz. butternut squash, fresh, diced ½"
- 14½ oz. peeled, deveined shrimp, raw, 41-50 ct, thawed
- 6½ oz. red onions, fresh, diced ½"
- 6 oz. red peppers, fresh, diced ½"
- 4¼ oz. baby spinach, fresh, chopped coarse
- 8½ oz. red pear cherry tomatoes, fresh, halved
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper, dried
- Bring water to a full rolling boil. Add pasta to boiling water. Stir while returning to a brisk broil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 9 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and use immediately.
- Coat baking sheets with vegetable oil spray (not listed). Place tomatoes and peppers on sheet pans in a single layer. Place shallots on separate sheet pans. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast tomatoes and peppers in a preheated 425°F oven for 20 minutes and shallots for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and 1-2/3 tablespoon garlic in a stockpot. Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute or until aroma is evident.
- Add roasted tomatoes, peppers and shallots. Stir to combine, and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with 2 tablespoons sherry. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Stir in 1½ cup stock and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, process sauce until smooth puree. Hold the coulis hot.
- In a bowl, add fresh herbs. Place herb mixture in an airtight container.
- Blanch squash in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes, or until slightly tender. Shock in an ice water bath.
- For Stir Fry:
Preheat sauté pan or wok to medium high.
- Add ½ teaspoon oil, ½ tsp. garlic and 8 shrimps. Sauté for 30 seconds or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Add ¼ cup onion, ¼ cup peppers and ¼ cup squash. Stir to combine. Stir-fry by tossing frequently for 30 seconds. Deglaze pan with 2 tablespoons stock.
- NOTE: For whole batch cooking. reheat pasta in boiling water for 15 seconds. Drain well.
Add ¾ cup pasta, 4 oz. ladle hot coulis, ½ cup spinach, and 10 tomato halves. Stir quickly to fully incorporate and sauté for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Add 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar, and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 teaspoon herbs, 2 teaspoons cheese and dash of crushed pepper. Toss and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 300, Carbs: 50g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 5g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Sodium: 370mg, Fiber: 7g